From 24th of November 2017 to 7th of January 2018 Viterbo turns into a Christmas village. The historic center will be fully illuminated and decorated. At every corner there will be spectacular attractions in a fabulous setting: from the House of Santa Claus to the Village of the Elves, from the Enchanted Theater – with timeless stories like Little Prince – to the Tavern of the Old Times Games where you can smell the scent of wood. And for the adult people, guided tours of the Popes Palace and of Viterbo underground. It’s the Caffeina Christmas Village, arrived at its second edition.
The Caffeina Christmas Village is a family-friendly trip that can be done during a stay at Casina degli Specchi of one or more days. We are in fact only 15 km from Viterbo and, from our hotel, you can organize many other interesting and family-friendly visits such as the tour of the Beech trees wood in Soriano and the Park of Monsters in Bomarzo.
Here are our family rooms:
From November the 24th 2017, the Christmas Village will follow a very busy schedule of events and initiatives with openings in different time zones.
Among the spectacular Christmas attractions, we want to recommend:
- The Santa Claus House. The Santa Claus headquarters is a whole village!
- The Children’s Post where the letters are collected and sent to Santa Claus. Papers and pens will be available to allow everyone to express their wishes.
- The Village of the Elves, an enchanted place of extraordinary charm! You can wander around and browse through the bizarre houses!
- The Enchanted Theater. The new restored Caffeine Theater is the ideal place to share a stimulating experience for the whole family, a special occasion to be together and excite by experiencing the magic of the theater! Among the scheduled shows: The Wizard of Oz, The Sword in the Stone, Pinocchio at Christmas, The Little Prince.
- The Tavern of the Old Times Games, a warm and cozy atmosphere that smells of wood. Many old games reproduced and revised that in their simplicity stimulate fantasy and offer moments of great fun!
- The Puppet Courtyard. Lots of fun with the puppets! Magically they will get stories of orcs, witches and mythical animals!
And for the adult:
- Visit of the Popes Palace and San Lorenzo Cathedral. The Monumental Area “Colle del Duomo” consists of buildings of historical and artistic interest among the most important in the city: the Museum of Colle del Duomo where there are a wide variety of finds from the Etruscan period to contemporary art. The San Lorenzo Cathedral with the entrance to the neoclassical sacristy, considered one of the most beautiful in the center of Italy, and the Baroque Choir hidden behind the apse. The Popes Palace with a path that leads visitors to discover the history of the Papacy in Viterbo with the Gothic Loggia, the first Conclave salon, where the history of Europe has changed forever and a video room where you can watch the short film about the famous Conclave.
- Visit to Viterbo Underground. The Underground entrance is located in Viterbo, Piazza della Morte 1, where you can see one of the galleries dedicated to “place of memory” by the people of Viterbo. A guided tour lasting about 25 minutes will take you to these magical and rich memories. A journey through time, from the Etruscans to our day, a guided tour full of emotions.